Saturday 4 August 2012

Blimey - I can't believe I haven't updated this blog for ages and ages. You should see me now - i am sooo grown up - and I have started cocking my leg like a real dog dog.  That was only just a few days ago - so much has gone on and i have been so busy growing up that I have just not had time to let you know how it is all going.

Where shall i start.....

I am still going to Lucy Osborne for training - I am getting on really well and I am quite focused when she sets me a few jumps to do. Well - they aren't really jumps yet - the poles are just about on the floor still but i can still run in a straight line. Mummy throws my toy over the last jump and I run to it very very fast. I point my nose forward and dive on my toy. It's great fun. we do lots of tunnels and jumps and then we have to practise targets on the end of the dog walk and seesaw. I'm not scared of the seesaw banging down. I just jump on the end of it and it drops down then i touch the target at the end.  I think i am supposed to keep my back legs on the seesaw or dog walk but i don't always do that. Lucy or mummy put me back on it. I am just too excited to get to the target and get a treat.

I really love watching all the other dogs running too. I get very excited. We have been to a few shows and I have been to watch some of the really good dogs running. I got really excited once and mummy wasn't holding my lead properly and I went running in to the ring to join in but then they stopped and a lady got hold of my lead. She was the judge. She was nice but wasn't going to let mummy have me back. She said "Finders Keepers" which i think meant she wanted to keep me!!! Never ever would I go and live with anyone else tho. I love mummy far too much.

I also had a not very nice experience a few weeks ago. I had another visit to the vets.  They looked after me really well but gave me an injection which made me really sleepy. Whilst i was sleepy they shaved some of my fur off my legs and then snipped off my dew claws off my back legs. Mummy said it's a good thing to do because when I start doing stuff like A-frames I don't want to be catching them and hurting myself so best to have them taken off. After that I was supposed to only walk around on a lead for a week or so and to keep my feet dry - yeah right!!!  Mummy got some bandages and wrapped them round my legs so as to keep my stitches clean and then i could go for a proper walk. I would have been terrorising everything in sight if I hadn't been able to run around. I have so much energy i needed to get rid of it. They were really nice purple bandages so they looked good on me and matched my collar.  Everything is healed up now and they don't bother me at all.

Here's some pictures of me having fun.











No comments:

Post a Comment